Click to rate this Recipe!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]
After doing it N times, I finally adjusted the ideal chocolate ice cream recipe in my mind!
This ice cream does not require heavy cream, whipped cream, egg yolk, or ice cream machine.
There is no ice residue after it is done, it is very dense and smooth.
It has a creamy texture and shiny finish with an intense, rich chocolate taste.
|High-quality chocolate (more than 70%)||90g|
|Chocolate beans/cocoa beans (optional)||10g|
|Salt||Two fingers and one pinch|
“Mellow and rich” low-calorie and cream-free chocolate ice cream, no ice residue
- Place the gelatin sheets in a container filled with ice water and let stand for 10 minutes. After the gelatin sheet is completely softened, take it out, wipe off the water, and set aside.
*Must be soaked in ice water, room temperature water may melt the gelatin sheet in the water, reducing the weight.
*Gelatine is a good stabilizer, it can slow down the melting speed of ice cream and increase the density. It also prevents the generation of ice crystals.
- Put milk, honey, and brown sugar into a small milk pot, heat over medium heat and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved, and turn off the heat immediately when it is about to boil.
- Pour the sweet milk into the chocolate while it’s hot, and stir until well combined.
*Make sure the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour into a large bowl, add two pinches of salt and heat-resistant chocolate beans (or cocoa beans or chopped Oreos).
The gelatin is wiped dry.
- Add the drained gelatin sheets, and beat until the mixture is even and the texture is fine (I used an electric one and whipped for 5 seconds, or it can be done manually).
*If you have an ice cream machine, you can directly put it into the ice cream machine for processing,
the recipe is over, and you can continue without the ice cream machine.
- Liquid filtration.
- Pour into molds. After the temperature has dropped, seal it, put it in the freezer, and freeze it for 4-8 hours or overnight, until it is completely frozen.
- What it looks like after the first freeze. The texture is very soft after freezing, not hard.
- Cut into small pieces and beat with a whisk or mixer on top speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Beat until smooth and glossy.
- Serve now, or freeze for 1 hour for a smoother texture.
- I refrigerated for another hour and took out the digging balls~
Gelatin acts as a stabilizer and prevents the ice cream from melting quickly. Especially when making ice cream with low milk fat content, no machine and less whipped ice cream, it is easy to produce ice crystals/ice scum, and adding gelatin can increase the creamy texture.